Saturday, October 18, 2008

How To Open .docx Files Without MS Word 2007



For me, I like to use the old MS Word 2003 rather than using 2007. But, recently all the notes and assignment given by my lecturers( which I downloaded from their website) are not anymore in .doc format but in .docx format. Which means, my lecturers are now using MS Word 2007 and it make me a bit difficult to open .docx format since it cannot be open directly using old MS Word 2003.

After googling for the solution, I've found few ways on how to open .docx format without you having to install new MS Word 2007?

First Solution
If you still want to open .docx file using your old Office XP or Office 2003, then you should get/download MS Office Compatibility Pack( Office 2007 docx converter ). By using this pack, you can now open .docx format in Office 2003 without any problems..

#MAC user need to download this MS Office Open XML File Format Converter in order to open .docx. It will convert .docx to .rtf


Second Solution
Using An Online .docx Converter

Actually there are a lot of website that provide online .docx converter service that lets you convert docx documents online. This is a pretty good solution if you don’t want to install the previously mentioned compatibility pack...

No comments: